CIVIL WAR ATLANTA-
A few days ago I was down in the archives looking for some pics of Atlanta for the AHC blog. Eventually I came across some great photos of Atlanta during the Civil War. Thumbing through a collection of images by George N. Barnard, I noticed that a few of the photos had a lot of similarities. As I began to arrange them, a bigger picture started to form.
Excited about my find, I scrambled to my desk and began stitching the photos together in Photoshop. This is what I came up with. I’m certain this is the view Barnard intended when he took these photos back in 1864.
9 Notes/ Hide
- booksandpaint reblogged this from atlantahistorycenter and added:
- rieries likes this
- iquitedislikeithere reblogged this from atlantahistorycenter
- downtownatlanta likes this
- atlantamagazine likes this
- thekingofamerica likes this
- peachtreekeen likes this
- todaysdocument likes this
- atlantahistorycenter posted this