Atlanta’s Equitable Building, located on the corner of Pryor Street and Edgewood Avenue, was the tallest high-rise in Atlanta when it was completed in 1892. The building was demolished in 1971 to make way for the Trust Company of Georgia Building Plaza. Recently, three columns from the historic structure were moved to the Atlanta History Center for permanent display. A gift of Miami-based America’s Capital Partners, the columns were moved from the plaza at 100 Peachtree. Each column weighs approximately 27,500 lbs and had to be supported with steel framing before being moved. Another grouping of columns from the old Equitable Building can still be found downtown at 25 Park Place near Woodruff Park.